Archive for Announcements
Below are some great events and opportunities to support the students of Point Arena High School.
- Class of 2018 Bake Sale on Saturday Dec. 9th, 10-2 in front of the Gualala Supermarket
- The JV basketball teams are playing at home on December 12th against Stony Point, starting at 4:00.
- The Jolly Roger Tournament is December 14th through December 16th. Come and eat good food and cheer on our Varsity Teams.
- Class of 2020 is selling pies for the Holidays. Get your order in by December 15th for Apple, Pumpkin or Banana Cream. Contact Shasta Rasmusen or Dana Beer at Point Arena High School Pies will be available to pick up and for last minute buying on December 22nd at Point Arena High School from 12:30- 2:30 and then again in Gualala.
- Triathlon is having a Bake Sale on December 23rd in front of Red Stella.
Friday, November 3rd, 2017 Full Beaver Moon will shine on the Point Arena High School Students’ Moonlight Tour of the Dead at the Lighthouse!
The Point Arena Lighthouse, Point Arena Union High School and the Pacific Community Charter High School are partnering to present a student art exhibit celebrating Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). The festivities will open at 5:30 p.m. in the Fog Signal Building, where the students will be selling food and drink to raise funds for a field trip to the De Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. The exhibit of student art inspired by the popular Dia de los Muertos celebration will be displayed in the Buttress Room in the base of the Lighthouse Tower, with special pieces voted on by the student in the Lantern Room at the top of the Tower.
Admission to the Light Station grounds, the Fog Signal Building Gift Store and Museum, and the art exhibit in the Buttress Room is FREE to everyone. Tower Tours under the full moon will be offered free to all students, and at a discounted $5 for adults.
El viernes 3 de noviembre del 2017 la luna llena brillará durante el Moonlight Tour of the Dead, un evento organizado por los estudiantes de Point Arena High en el faro!
El Point Arena Lighthouse, Point Arena High School y el Pacific Community Charter High School se han asociado para presentar una exhibición de arte para celebrar el Día de los Muertos. Las festividades comenzarán a las 5:30 p.m. en el Fog Signal Building, donde los estudiantes estarán vendiendo comida y bebidas para recaudar fondos para una excursión al De Young Museum en Golden Gate Park. La exhibición de arte estudiantil se mostrará en la base del faro. Las obras de arte elegidas por los estudiantes serán exhibidas en la parte superior del faro.
El costo de la entrada a los jardines del faro, a la tienda de regalos, al museo del Fog Signal Building y a la exposición de arte, es GRATIS para todos. El tour del faro bajo la luna llena se ofrecerá gratis a todos los estudiantes, y a un precio descontado de $ 5 para los adultos.