Arena Union Elementary staff promotes school participation of families. We invite and encourage you to participate in the activities that keep you involved in your child’s education. There are many opportunities to support your child including attending Open House, helping in your child’s classroom, or going on a field trip. Some of the ways information about these events will be communicated to you are through this newsletter and classroom newsletters, on the One Call Home system, on the school sign, and in the local newspaper.
A few opportunities include:
- Attend Back to School Night
- Volunteer at a school event
- Volunteer on a field trip
- Attend a School Site Council (SSC), or English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC) meeting
- Volunteer as a room parent
- Sit on a school committee (SSC, etc.)
- Volunteer in a classroom
- Attend Open House
- We hope that you participate in a variety of opportunities this year!
Every day I am amazed at the warmth and kindness extended to me by students, staff, parents, and community menbers. This school and community is a very special place, and I’m extremely proud to work and live here. I stand in awe of the passion of the Arena Union Elementary educators for ensuring that all children learn and achieve at their highest level, and in a safe and supportive environment. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance during the school year.
Principal, Arena Union Elementary